ASRI® Recommended Tools to assist with finding accurate coordinates for your radio license.
In addition to using a GPS device to find your coordinates, there are other online tools to assist you with finding accurate coordinates for use on your ASRI® licensed ground station.
Google Maps can provide you with coordinates. Here are instructions to help you find your coordinates using google maps:
- Go to Google Maps: https://www.google.com/maps
- Type in your transmitter location in the address bar.
- To go from the map view to a satellite image, click the small box in the bottom left labeled “Earth”.
- Find your transmitter location on the map.
- Right click that spot and select “What’s Here”.
- At the bottom, you’ll see a card with your coordinates in decimal degrees.
- Click on the coordinates displayed.
- The coordinates in degrees, minutes and seconds will be displayed on the left side of the screen.
An alternative to Google maps is
GPS Coordinates – Latitude and Longitude: